Mauser M12 Trail rifle
The very popular Mauser M12 family grows up with a new model intended for fast hunts in the woods: it’s the new Mauser M12 Trail rifle, presented at IWA 2016.
The new Mauser M12 Trail was specifically developed for the demanding requirements of game trackers and hunters on the move. The heart is made up of the Mauser M12 steel action with a short 47 cm (18.5”) barrel.
The 3-dot sighting system enables quick and intuitive shooting – even under poor lighting conditions - while the short barrel and overall balance allow the rifle a great pointability.
The Muzzle-Safe system protects the inside of the barrel from dirt and moisture. Ilaflon on the barrel and action ensures outstanding protection against corrosion.
The blaze-orange camo stock with excellent grip has a strong signalling effect and communicates this rifle’s professional standards at first glance.
A simple but very practical feature is given by the possibility to change the positioning of the back sling swivel, that can be easily switched (no tools) either at bottom or side of the butt stock, providing maximum carrying comfort in any situation.
The new Mauser M12 Trail comes with the time-tested Mauser 3-position firing pin safety, but it can also be had with the brand-new, intuitively operated “S” manual cocking system.
The new Mauser M12 Trail will be available starting from July 2016.
Main features of the Mauser M 12 Trail rifle
- Calibers: .308 Winchester, 8x57, 9.3x62
- Barrel length: 47cm (18 ½”), normal couture
- Overall length only 97.5cm (38 2/5”)
- Rifle weight: approx. 3.1kg (6 ¾lbs)
- Sights: 3-Dot drive hunt sights
- Muzzle: protected by the Muzzle-Safe system
- Barrel & action surfaces are finished in matte black Ilaflon = corrosion protection
- Signal orange-grey synthetic camo stock
- Removable sling swivel at muzzle
- Moveable snap-ball sling loop on hear stock