The MH12GT USB-rechargeable flashlight from Nitecore provides a powerful output, a far-reaching throw, and all-out versatility for utility, EDC, service, and tactical purposes
Lately, we have been very busy reviewing some of the latest Nitecore products, and the reason is simple: they are quality products. But Nitecore has so much more in store than what we wrote about up until now – and among their many newest entries, the MH12GT tactical flashlight is definitely worth a closer look, also because of the good quality-price ratio.
A rechargeable design, the MH12GT has been designed as an all-purpose flashlight: offering a maximum output of 1000 lumens with a beam throw of over 320 meters (350 yds), the Nitecore MH12GT also provides four selectable brightness levels and three additional special modes.
Built around an aircraft-grade aluminum alloy, HAIII military-grade hard-anodized in black for maximum resistance, the Nitecore MH12GT is lightweight and compact: at 13,9 cm (5.48") of overall length, it sports a 2,54 cm (1") body and bezel diameter, and an overall weight of 87 grams (3.07 oz) with battery included.
The MH12GT offers impact resistance against drops from a maximum height of 1,5 meters (4.92 ft) and water resistance against both splashes and submersion up to 2 meters (6.56 ft).
The bezel of the Nitecore MH12GT features a crystal-coated reflector and an embedded thermoelectric separation technology for its copper substrate, providing improved thermal dissipation for an overall extended service life.
An ATR (advanced temperature regulation) module also allows the MH12GT to adjust to ambient environment temperature and maintain optimal performance even in the harshest climates.
A front toughened ultra-clear mineral glass lens with anti-reflective coating protects a single CREE XP-L HI V3 LED, integrating CREE's own, breakthrough SC5 technology that increases the beam intensity by over 190%; a non-PWM constant current circuit ensures stable illumination without flicker, even as the battery power level dwindles.
The MH12GT flashlight is powered through a single, factory-issued 18650 3400mAh battery, hosted inside a battery compartment with anti-short circuit protection. The MH12GT can also be powered by two commercial CR123 or RCR123 batteries if need be.
The battery is recharged through standard Micro-USB cables; a charging port is located at the base of the bezel, and is protected by a rubber cap that seals it against water, dust and dirt. An embedded intelligent charging circuit detects voltage if the flashlight is connected to a power source with the tail switch on the "On" position, for quicker and more efficient recharging.
- LED: CREE XP-L HI V3
- Output / Runtimes (1x 18650):
- High: 1000 lumens / 1hr 15min
- Mid: 280 lumens / 6h
- Low: 55 lumens / 28h
- Ultralow: 1 lumen / 520h
- Output / Runtimes (2x CR123A):
- High: 1000 lumens / 1hr
- Mid: 280 lumens / 3h 15min
- Low: 55 lumens / 20h
- Ultralow: 1 lumen / 300h
- Beam Distance: 350 yards (320m)
- Beam Intensity: 25700cd
- Battery Type: 1x 18650 or 2x CR123A
- Length: 5.48" (139.2mm)
- Head diameter: 1" (25.4mm)
- Tail diameter: 1" (25.4mm)
- Weight: 3.07 oz (87g)
- Waterproof: IPX8, 2m submersible
- Impact Resistance: 1.5m
- Utilizes a CREE XP-L HI V3 LED
- Maximum output of up to 1000 lumens
- Boasts a peak beam intensity of 25,700cd and a throw distance of up to 320 meters
- Integrated “Precision Digital Optics Technology” provides extreme reflector performance
- High efficiency constant current circuit board provides max runtime of 520 hours
- A side switch design offers access to 4 brightness levels and 3 special modes, ideal for outdoor applications
- Integrated power indicator beneath the side switch displays remaining battery power(patented No. ZL201220057767.4)
- Power indicator can also report battery voltage to the nearest 0.1V
- A Built-in charging module charges Li-ion batteries rapidly through a micro USB port
- Includes a Nitecore 18650 battery (NL1834 3400mAh)
- Features intelligent memory function (except for SOS and location beacon modes)
- Reverse polarity protection prevents damage from incorrectly inserted batteries
- Toughened ultra-clear mineral glass with anti-reflective coating
- Constructed from aero grade aluminum alloy with HAIII military grade hard-anodized finish
- Waterproof in accordance to IPX-8 (two meters submersible)
- Impact resistant to 1.5 meters
- Tail stand capability
The MH12GT flashlight is actuated through a tail button, providing for momentary or constant activation; the tailcap also dubs as a stand, and features lanyard loops.
A button located on the bezel allows instead to navigate between the different output options: four standard modes, from 1 to 1000 lumens. Keeping the mode selection button pressed will also allow to navigate and select between three special high-power emergency modes: a tactical strobe; a locator beacon; and an SOS signal. The mode selection button also integrates a power gauge LED to provide instant feedback about the remaining battery level.
A plethora of aftermarket accessories are available from Nitecore for the MH12GT: these include a Picatinny-specific mount; a remote activation cord; and several coloured bezel filters for navigation or map reading.
Sold at an average price of approximately 90 Euros in Europe and around $85.00 in the United States, the MH12GT is definitely one hybrid, general-purpose flashlight to look at. Whatever your field of activity or the task at hand, the Nitecore MH12GT is likely the flashlight that will meet your needs.