Smith & Wesson M&P M2.0 Pistol
SHOT Show 2017 - Smith & Wesson announced the debut of the S&W M&P M2.0 pistol, the latest innovation from the iconic firearms company
Designed for personal, sporting, and professional use, the M&P M2.0 pistol delivers an entirely new platform, introducing innovative features in nearly every aspect of the pistol, including the trigger, grip, frame, and finish.
James Debney, President and CEO of American Outdoor Brands Corporation, the parent company of Smith & Wesson Corp., said, “When we launched the first M&P polymer pistols over 10 years ago, they were a game changer for the company.
Since that time, we have clearly established M&P as a leading firearm brand and built an incredibly strong family of products around it, including the market leading M&P Shield® pistols.
Now, with a decade of experience under our belts, we are very excited and proud to reveal our next generation M&P pistol – the M&P M2.0. We expect this completely new product platform to clearly differentiate us from the competition and take significant share in the handgun market.
We are now launching the 9mm, 40S&W and .45 Auto versions of our full-size design, but stay tuned for multiple new product additions and line extensions in 2017 that will establish a completely new family based on this platform. This is a key strategic milestone in achieving our vision for the Firearms Division, which is 'To be the leading firearms manufacturer'."
Matt Buckingham, President of the Firearms Division, said, “Our goal is to continually strengthen and grow our leadership position in firearms by meeting and then exceeding the needs, wants, and desires of the consumer.
With this goal always in our minds, the new product development team at Smith & Wesson tapped into more than a decade of M&P experience, performance data, and candid feedback from professional users when designing the M&P M2.0 Pistol – and it shows.
When you pick up this pistol, the first thing you’ll notice is an extraordinary grip that feels great in the hand – and that’s just the beginning.
From the grip, to the new aggressive texture, to the crisp trigger and audible reset, this pistol feels and fires like a next-generation model should – and more.
This is clearly one of the most advanced production pistols on the market today, and we believe it is the pistol that consumers have been waiting for.
The M&P M2.0 in 9mm and 40 caliber versions is in stock at our distributor partners and is shipping today.”
Highlights of the M&P M2.0 pistol include an extended stainless-steel chassis and high grip to barrel bore axis ratio for reduced muzzle rise and faster aim recovery.
The M&P M2.0 pistol further improves performance with a fine-tuned, crisper trigger, lighter pull, and a tactile and audible reset.
The pistol, available in three calibers, includes an aggressively-textured grip and four interchangeable palmswell inserts for optimal hand-fit and trigger reach. The M&P M2.0 is an ideal pistol for all shooters in all conditions.
Superior Ergonomic Design
- M&P pistol’s optimal 18-degree grip angle, providing a natural point of aim
- M&P pistol high grip-to-barrel bore axis – more comfortable to shoot, faster aim recovery
- Four interchangeable dimensional palmswell grips for best-in-class fit: S,M,ML,L
- New aggressive M2.0 textured grip for enhanced control
- New front cocking serrations
- New M2.0 crisp trigger with lighter trigger pull
- Tactile and audible trigger reset
- Accurate 1 in 10” twist 9mm and 40S&W, and 1 in 15” twist .45 Auto M&P M2.0 barrels
- Extended rigid embedded stainless steel chassis to reduce flex and torque when firing
- Tactical white 3-dot steel sights for quick target acquisition
- Ambidextrous slide stop, reversible magazine release, and optional ambidextrous thumb safety
- Simple M&P take-down lever, for easy disassembly and maintenance
- M&P pistol sear deactivation lever – safe take-down without having to pull the trigger
- Armornite® - hardened nitride durable corrosion resistant finish on barrel and slide
- Cerakote® FDE finish over Armornite® on Flat Dark Earth M2.0 slides
The M&P M2.0 pistol base model is priced within reach, at an MSRP of $599. It is available in the three most popular pistol calibers: 9mm, 40S&W and .45 Auto.
The striker-fire, semi-automatic polymer pistol is available in matte black or FDE – Flat Dark Earth – finishes and includes two magazines, a limited lifetime warranty, and a lifetime service policy.
To see the M&P M2.0 pistol in action, please visit https://www.smith-wesson.com/brands/mp
For more information on Smith & Wesson’s M&P family of products, including the new M&P M2.0 pistols, please visit www.smith-wesson.com
Smith & Wesson M&P M2.0 Pistol - Specifications
Semi-automatic striker-fired pistol
9x19mm, .40 Smith & Wesson, .45 Auto
– 17+1 (9x19mm)
– 15+1 (.40 S&W)
– 10+1 (.45 ACP)
– 10 (for hi-cap mag ban markets)
– 10,8 cm / 4.¼" (9x19mm, .40 S&W)
– 11,7 cm / 4.6" (.45 ACP)
– 12,7 cm / 5" (Longslide variants)
White-dot dovetailed steel front sight, two-dots dovetailed steel rear sight
– 18,79 cm / 7.4" (9x19mm, .40 S&W)
– 20 cm / 7.9" (.45 ACP)
– 21 cm / 8.3" (Longslide variants)
– 700,2 g / 24.7 oz (9x19mm)
– 734,3 g / 25.9 oz (.40 S&W)
– 765,4 g / 27 oz (.45 ACP)
– 762,6 g / 26.9 oz (9x19mm - Longslide)
– 776,8 g / 25.9 oz (.40 S&W - Longslide)
$ 599 (U.S.)