Smith & Wesson has announced the new M&P® M2.0 Compact Pistol series, which will be available in 9mm and .40 S&W calibers
Smith & Wesson Corp. today announced the addition of its new M&P M2.0 Compact pistol series to the recently released M&P M2.0 pistol family. Available in 9mm and .40 S&W, the M&P M2.0 Compact pistol series builds upon the popularity of the new M&P M2.0 platform in a versatile, carry-size configuration. The M&P M2.0 Compact pistol is purpose-built for both personal and professional use.
James Debney, President and CEO of American Outdoor Brands Corporation, said, “When we introduced the M&P M2.0 pistol family back in January, we announced our plans to expand the next-generation M2.0 product platform beyond the full-size design.
Our M&P M2.0 pistols represent a growing family of products, developed through feedback from our professional and civilian customers to deliver the performance and features they desire.
Offered in both 9mm and .40 S&W, the M&P M2.0 Compact pistol series features a 15 or 13 round capacity depending on caliber, and a 4-inch barrel, blending a feature set that offers both shootability and concealment.
The M&P M2.0 Compact pistol series bridges the gap for those who want a single firearm for professional use, personal protection, carry, or practice at the range.
We believe the new M&P M2.0 Compact series will be sought after by consumers whose purchase option in this category has, until now, been limited primarily to the Glock 19 or 23.”
The M&P M2.0 Compact pistol series offers consumers a reliable, striker-fired pistol that delivers a compact carry advantage with the advanced M2.0 feature set, including an aggressively-textured grip, four interchangeable palmswell inserts, and light, crisp M2.0 trigger with a tactile and audible reset. The pistol features a solid, molded polymer frame designed for comfort and durability, as well as the optimal M&P pistol 18-degree grip angle for a natural point of aim. Chambered in 9mm and .40 S&W with a 4” barrel, the M&P M2.0 Compact pistol comes standard with a white-dot front sight and a white two-dot rear sight, and either a 15 round 9mm or 13 rounds .40 S&W magazine.
M&P M2.0 Compact pistol features include:
Superior Ergonomic Design
- M&P pistol's optimal 18-degree grip angle, providing a natural point of aim
- M&P pistol’s low barrel-bore axis – more comfortable to shoot, faster aim recovery
- Four interchangeable dimensional palmswell grips for best-in-class fit: S, M, ML, L
- New aggressive M2.0 textured grip for enhanced control
- New front cocking serrations
- Armornite® - hardened nitride durable corrosion resistant finish on barrel and slide
- New M2.0 crisp trigger with lighter trigger pull
- Tactile and audible trigger reset
- Accurate 1 in 10" twist barrel in both 9mm and .40 S&W
- Extended rigid embedded stainless steel chassis to reduce flex and torque when firing
- Tactical white 3-dot steel sights for quick target acquisition
- Ambidextrous slide stop, reversible magazine release, and optional ambidextrous thumb safety
- Simple M&P pistol take-down lever, for easy disassembly and maintenance
- M&P pistol sear deactivation lever – safe take-down without having to pull the trigger
The M&P M2.0 Compact pistol is available both with and without an ambidextrous thumb safety, and priced at an MSRP of $569 in the United States. The pistol ships with two magazines, including two magazine extender sleeves for use with full-size magazines, as well as a limited lifetime warranty and lifetime service policy.
For more information on Smith & Wesson products, please visit www.smith-wesson.com