Milipol 2021 - Combining the advantages of uncooled thermal technology with clear, see-through day optics in a single sight, the Mepro TIGON system enables significantly improved operational flexibility
Meprolight has completed development of the advanced Mepro TIGON sight. The system integrates the advantages of uncooled thermal imaging technology with those of see-through day optics (“red -dot” sights) in a single product, enabling complete operational flexibility, day and night.
Users in the defense, law enforcement and HLS sectors can benefit from the advanced features of the TIGON, in a single cost-effective solution.
The integrated technology enables operational flexibility for mission success in open terrain, CQB scenarios, densely-vegetated areas - such as jungles - and more. Being compact and lightweight, it reduces weapon-load, improves weapon balance, and simplifies operations compared with similar non-integrated solutions.
For day use, the Mepro TIGON’s large transparent display window and clearly-visible reticle enable rapid target acquisition, with both eyes open. At night, the thermal image projected onto the same display effectively supports spotting and engaging targets in complete darkness and harsh environment conditions, including smoke and dust.
To increase the effective day range of the sight, a tactical magnifier can be fitted behind it, while the digital x2 zoom of its thermal channel may be employed at night.
Additional features and advantages include:
- High accuracy zeroing system
- Wide FOV in both day and thermal modes
- Light sensor for seamless auto-adjustment of day reticle brightness
- Long operating time – thousands of hours in day mode, and more than five continuous hours in thermal mode
- Power-saving mechanism for maximum energy efficiency, without compromising reticle availability
- Low operating costs – powered by two commercial "AA" batteries
- Connectivity enabled through a video-out interface for external monitors and communications systems
- Quick-release high-durability Picatinny rail (MIL-STD-1913) mount
“The Mepro TIGON was developed in direct response to the needs of military, security, and law enforcement users for a sight that both, has high performance capabilities, and, is cost-effective enough to enable large-scale fielding for significantly increasing numbers of night-combat enabled users within forces,” says David Shenhav, S.V.P. Sales & Marketing – Defense, at Meprolight. “It efficiently supports seamless transition between day and night operations combined with changing tactical scenarios, all while subject to harsh environmental and weather conditions.
The system is already in the process of being evaluated by the IDF and introduced to select forces around the world.”