Extrema Ratio annunounces its tactical knives being featured in Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint, Ubisoft newest installment in the Ghost Recon series of videogames
Extrema Ratio is one of the most important International manufacturers in the field of tactical knives for professional uses, and its popularity has constantly grown along the past twenty years.
A popularity that has grown on the side of the many security professionals, who use Extrema Ratio knives in the field, in the real life, as well as on the side of the tens of thousands of passionate Extrema Ratio collectors all around the World.
Extrema Ratio has just announced that its knives are now part of the vast choice of accessories available to the players of Ubisoft’s latest videogame, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint. Not a small achievement, if we consider that the number of players moving around this kind of role play games counts in terms of millions.
In the eleventh and latest installment of the saga that brings the name of the late techno-thriller author Tom Clancy, officially launched on October 4th, 2019, the player will control a member of a secret U.S. Special Forces team stranded behind enemy lines on a hostile south Pacific island.
A third person shooter videogame, Ghost Recon Breakpoint takes place in a fully open game world where the wlilderness blends seamlessly to high-tech environments, incarnating the darkest fears of what could be the environment in which asymmetric warfare could take place in the near future.
Like all the previous installments of the franchise, Ghost Recon Breakpoint stands out for its accuracy in the inventory of weapons and equipments available to the player, following a realism—oriented mindset, focused on mirroring in the game world the state-of-the-art of technologies available to real-life operators serving in élite combat units around the globe.
Such a realistic approach made sure that Extrema Ratio knives, due to the reputation of excellence that they enjoy among professional operators worldwide, would become the lead choice (yet not the only one) of blades for hand-to-hand combat in Ghost Recon Breakpoint.
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint features six Extrema Ratio knives:
- Task J: a multi-task knife with a 158 mm / 6.22” Böhler N690 steel blade and a double-guard Forprene grip, developed in collaboration with experts from the Jagdkommando unit of the Austrian Army.
- HF2 T: a folder knife featuring a 124 mm / 4.9” N690Co 58HRC stainless steel Tanto blade and an Anticorodal aluminum grip, a liner lock system with additional manual safety and screw retention system.
- Nightmare: a Karambit-style folding rescue knife with a flat main grid, 73,5 mm / 2.89” Böhler N690 steel blade. Adopted by special units of the U.S.I.V.P. Principality of Monaco Police.
- NK3 K: a back-up, fixed-blade carry knife with a 70 mm / 2.¾” Böhler N690 flat main grid blade, blood-graining slot on the blade and ring in the back part of the handle.
- SKAR Testudo: a Karambit knife with a fixed, flat main grid 90 mm / 3.54” N690Co steel and Anticorodal hard-anodized aluminum grip, manufactured exclusively for a selected professional clientele.
- Suppressor Operativo: a dagger conceived to celebrate the thirtieth anniversary of the foundation of the GIS special operations group of the Italian Carabinieri, featuring a Nylon grip and a flat main grid, 176 mm / 6.9” Böhler N690 steel blade.
For further information on these or other Extrema Ratio knives, visit their website at www.extremaratio.com