Firearms Guide: the 8th edition is on Flash Drive!
Impressum Media is now distributing the eighth edition of its world-famous Firearms Guide, more complete than ever, and now also available on a convenient Flash Drive support
Our most affectionate followers will surely remember our previous review of the Firearms Guide, published in March 2016.
Remember what we wrote back then on the reasons why a service is worth paying for even when something similar could be obtained for free over the Internet?
We wrote that a fair price is worth paying for a service that guarantees correct, quality and timely information that is readily and easily available and always kept up-to-date – while on the other hand the world of "free-of-charge" information can be full of traps, from inaccuracies and mistakes to outright "fake news", and finding what you're looking for in such a challenging environment can be so time-consuming and require such a specific set of skills basically nullify the advantage of being "free".
Under this point of view, when it comes to firearms, there's very little out there that compares to the Firearms Guide, published by Impressum Media and now at its 8th edition.
New for the 2017 edition, the Firearms Guide is now also available on a practical Flash Drive edition, which we at GUNSweek.com had a chance to obtain for review.
Unlike the previous DVD editions, the Flash Drive edition can be taken anywhere and always be available for off-line consultation at any minute. That's quite a desirable feature, considered how the Firearms Guide does not "just" aim to satisfy the viewing pleasure of gun enthusiasts and shooters, but also to serve as a reference guide for gun shop owners, gunwriters, appraisers for auction houses, analysts and experts working with law enforcement, and many other professionals.
In any case, the 8th edition of the Firearms Guide on Flash Drive is sold in a bundle with a one-year or two-years subscription to the on-line edition, which is updated twenty-six times a year – more than twice a month.
But what does the Firearms Guide have to offer, and why should it be preferable to a standard, and "free-of-charge", Google search?
Well, that's promptly said:
- A rich database of modern and antique civilian and military firearms with 67000 entries from 1000 manufacturers and 52 Countries.
- Entries are divided in seven groups: handguns, shotguns, rifles, select-fire weaponry, airguns, muzzleloaders, ammunition. Fourteen distinct search criteria allow users to navigate the database efficiently and obtain more accurate results than a standard Internet search engine ever could.
- Each entry is provided with full technical specs, a table of features and ballistics, and with high resolution pictures: the entire Firearms Guide has over 45.000 hi-res pictures overall, up to 6636x1492 in size.
Among its other features, Impressum Media's Firearms Guide offers:
- The possibility for the users to save their search results and to compare the features and ballistics of any entry (firearms or ammunition).
- An always up-to-date book of gun values in U.S. dollars for modern and antique guns, based off of the 100% - 30% condition: a great resource for professionals in the gun trade and for gun collectors.
- An extensive library of gun schematics, exploded drawings, parts lists and blueprints for over 6800 antique and modern firearms.
- A US/EU ammo caliber chart providing cross-reference of imperial and metric calibers, linked to the ammo section of the Guide
- A library of 650 printable targets – from silhouettes to crosshairs, from animals to zombies – for your shooting pleasure.
Even we at GUNSweek.com have been using the Firearms Guide ever since the 4th edition: that's just how high is its quality and how valuable it is as a resource for gun enthusiasts, gunwriters, professionals, and anybody else who "needs to know" about guns.
Even more important, the Firearms Guide is accessible to anybody. The baseline subscription for the on-line edition goes for $29.95 (approx. 25,00€) for one year and $49,95 (approx. 42,00€) for two years. The DVD/On-Line bundle goes for $34.95 (approx. 29,00€) for one year and $54.95 (approx.46,00€) for two years; and the Flash Drive/On-Line bundle goes for $39.95 (approx. 33,00€) for one year and $64.95 (approx. 55,00€) for two years.
While Impressum Media does not yet have authorized distributors everywhere, they will ship the DVD or Flash Drive editions worldwide, and the on-line subscriptions will be immediately activated.
A unique resource, complete, reliable, easily accessible, and cheap: the Firearms Guide is not to be missed!
Do you want to know more?
For more information on Firearms Guide, have a look at these VIDEOS:
Firearms Guide ONLINE - General introduction
Firearms Guide ONLINE - Gun Schematics Library
Firearms Guide ONLINE - One click search, side-by-side comparisons